Virtual College Fair:
The smartest thing an aspiring student auditioning for musical theatre and acting college programs can do is to have an expansive school list!
This summer MTCA is proud to offer you the unique opportunity to meet and learn from 15 emerging college programs from across the country.
Whether you are a parent or a student, this week of meeting college faculty– who are speaking exclusively to MTCA students– will be a great help in your process.
The MTCA Summer Virtual College Fair will expose you to excellent programs you may not yet
Participating College Details:
Did You Know?
(Click to learn more)
Missouri State University
* You can study under the likes of Broadway talent like Robert Westenberg (Into The Woods) and Lisa Brescia (Dear Evan Hansen).
* Earn professional credits through the Equity Membership Candidate Program!
* Connect with alumni from the program through MSTConnect. This database allows students to see what projects alumni are working on and to create connections that can lead to career opportunities after college.
* The BFA program in Acting and Musical Theatre offers performance opportunities in musical theatre and opera, in both workshop settings and fully-staged productions.
* Synergy On Stage is a dynamic company based in the Metro-Detroit area specializing in entertainment interpreting.
* They incorporate American Sign Language (ASL) enhancement into several Oakland University theatre productions, creating an unforgettable event for both deaf and hearing audiences.
Hussian College – Los Angeles
* The contemporary Musical Theatre and Film program creates true triple threats who have the skills necessary to thrive in theatre, film, and television as independent innovators of art.
* The CMTF program features its own movie musical class, and all students are able to collaborate on various academic and extracurricular film projects.
* One of the most unique factors about HCLA is that their campus exists on a working studio lot. The BFA students are completely immersed in the entertainment industry.
Roosevelt University – Chicago
* Located in downtown Chicago just steps away from Chicago’s theatre district, the Goodman Theatre, Steppenwolf Theatre Company, Lookingglass Theatre adn Chicago Shakespeare Theatre. Our students have graced them all.
* Students are guaranteed onstage performance credit. More time on stage means more training for your future career in theatre!
* First year students are able to perform in two showcases.
* The production season includes between 9 and 12 full-length productions including new works and artistically adventurous programming, in conjunction with professional creative teams and major Off-Broadway theatres.
* Students can choose from many minors and certificate programs to diversify their skills and prepare for the business.
* Vibrancy Theatre is a theater organization designed to provide a sustainable space for BIPOC student theater artists in order to support and amplify BIPOC voices, stories, and artistry.
University of Evansville
* Located only 2 hours away from Nashville, the primary emphasis of UE’s BFA in Theatre Performance curriculum is on actor training.
* Students can also develop a secondary emphasis in Directing.
* Casting for all productions guarantees students equal consideration for all available roles.
Ohio Northern University
* ONU offers a flexible curriculum. Receive a solid foundation in theatrical arts with the flexibility to pursue any area of interest.
* Every year 30-40 guest artists come to campus to work one-on-one with students.
* They partner with the University of Salford located in Manchester, England and home to the British Broadcasting Corporation. They also partner with Rakvere Theatre, a professional repertory theatre located in Estonia, in northern Europe.
The New School – NYC
* The BFA program in Dramatic Arts is designed to train both students pursuing a single discipline and those who seek to become multi-hyphenate artists.
* The New School is the only university that houses a world-renowned design school, a liberal arts college, and a performing arts college under one roof.
* Interdisciplinary scholarship and study are available to undergraduates through the minors program, which offers of 50 options.
University of Arizona
* Not many schools have an Honors College, comprised of exceptional students, esteemed faculty, and small class sizes. The BFA students are encouraged to apply.
* They have an exclusive study abroad program.
* Acting and Musical Theatre students share the same rigorous core curriculum.
Molloy College – Cap 21
* Classes are held on both Molloy’s suburban campus on Long Island and at Molloy/CAP21’s newly-renovated, state-of-the-art Manhattan Center located at 50 Broadway.
* The networking process begins early since the faculty are working, highly respected members of the New York theatre profession.
* Over 100 CAP21 alums have been cast in more than 117 different Broadway shows.
* Notable alumni include Anne Hathaway, Nikki James, Matthew Morrison, Kristen Bell, and Krysta Rodriguez.
* A classic, New England-style campus just a few miles from Rochester, New York that’s known for innovation, music, arts, and culture.
* Collaboration with the Finger Lakes Musical Theatre Festival enhances training and learning opportunities, and creates an intensive professional track training program.
* In the summer after junior year, a required internship helps facilitate the transition to the profession. Intern at a theatre in Florence or Barcelona, connect with theatre education and development initiatives in Ecuador, and more!
Slippery Rock University
* SRU offers a BFA in Acting with a concentration in Musical Theatre Performance.
* Musical Theatre at SRU focuses on musical works from Broadway and Off-Broadway, combining actor training with vocal instruction in contemporary styles such as hard rock, indie rock, pop, jazz, and hip-hop.
* Students have the opportunity to attend the annual Region II Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival where they can compete for national acting awards, audition for new play development experiences, and participate in workshops with seasoned professionals.
Liverpool Institute for the Performing Arts
* Paul McCartney is one of the founders of LIPA!
* Hosts 2 fantastic performance venues. The impressive Paul McCartney Auditorium (PMA) seats over 400.
* The George Harrison Workshop Studio seats up to 120 people and provides a ‘blank canvas’ for experimental theatre.
* Business and entrepreneurship skills are built into all courses, as 76% of those working in the creative and performing arts are self-employed.
* Students are encouraged to develop a career plan and learn practical self-management skills.
* New York City: A train ride away!
* Students in the dance and theatre program study with faculty who are professional choreographers, directors, playwrights, and actors with years of experience on and off Broadway.
* Students have the opportunity to pursue internships for credit at any of several studios, theaters, and other outlets in New York City.
* One of America’s most picturesque campuses (they have their own castle!) and one of the most global campuses anywhere (more than 40 countries are represented!)
AMDA – NYC and Los Angeles
* AMDA has two campuses in Los Angeles and in New York City.
* Notable alumni include Anthony Ramos, Janelle Monae, Nicole Byer, Christopher Jackson, and Jesse Tyler Ferguson.
* Playbill has ranked AMDA as one of the most successful colleges with the most Alumni on Broadway.
All students and parents welcome. No prerequisites for attending.
Summer Virtual College Fair
MTCA's Summer Virtual College Fair
MONDAY, JULY 26 THROUGH FRIDAY, JULY 30
Registration Fee: $50.00 US
Overview of Schedule:
- Three sessions held each day (all times EST)
Do I have to attend all sessions?
Not at all! You can pick and choose which interest you. But we recommend you attend all sessions.
Where will the College Fair sessions be held?
Zoom, of course!
Will I have the chance to interact with the schools?
Absolutely! You will be given ample time for Q&A. And remember: getting your name and face in front of the college faculty is a fantastic way to be introduced to them!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org