MTCA is proud to be the leader in developing the next generation of performing artists. Our personalized team approach, expertly pairing students and coaches, applies our uniquely comprehensive knowledge of the college audition process to deliver a proven track record of artistic acceptances.
MTCA is led by Directors Leo Ash Evens and Charlie Murphy, both BFA graduates of Carnegie Mellon University (with degrees in Musical Theater and Acting respectively). Leo and Charlie are passionately active in the arts and believe that training is the foundation for sustaining a successful career as a thriving artist.
MTCA was founded in 2005 by Ellen Lettrich, and Leo and Charlie carry forward our shared vision utilizing over 20 years of collective experience in college audition preparation.
MTCA is headquartered in New York City, where its commitment to in-person events has returned in full-force after navigating the difficulty of the pandemic. We also have an in-person presence across the country, specifically featuring a strong hub in Southern California.
In addition to our in-person offerings, MTCA has built a robust virtual training option which we have used for over 15 years to successfully train students all over the country and around the world.
We offer training to meet your needs, whether that is exclusively in-person, exclusively on Zoom, or in a personalized hybrid model that maximizes your time, geography, and budget.
For every step of the process from college advising to artistic development, we’ve got you.
Years of Consistent, Superlative Results
of Students Accepted At Audition-Based Programs from 2005-2023
Different Audition-Based Program Admissions
MTCA has built a network of experts in each element of the college audition process to help you at every step along the way. Every coach on our team is a professional working artist with an undeniable passion for guiding the next generation. Our coaches have attended competitive programs across the country and are eager to demystify the process for our students. The MTCA roster of teaching artists have worked on Broadway, Off Broadway, National Tours, Film and TV, and beyond.
Our Core Values
- MTCA has created an unparalleled team approach which provides artistic, organizational, strategic, and psychological guidance from your personalized team.
- We believe in helping you find your path. Your journey. Your school. Your fit.
- We foster an individualized process to help you discover material that speaks to your authentic self, from the inside out, not from the outside in.
- We develop a balanced college list, based upon your interests, strengths, and development.
- We coach you to be psychologically strong throughout the process and at each audition. How do you wholeheartedly commit? How do you handle multitasking and stress?
Our Commitment to Equity & Inclusion
MTCA is committed to being an inclusive and anti-racist organization, and does not accept racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or discrimination of any kind toward our students, our parents, or our coaches. Above all, we prioritize the safety and well-being of our community and strive to provide an equitable space for all.